Tonight I tweeted about a PIZZA that was incredibly healthy, easy to make, and approx $1.69 per serving. I bet you're thinking what I thought, "No friggin' WAY!"...
Well, think again.
It was DELICIOUS and very good for me! Who knew? I did!
Here is what is sure to be one of my new favorite recipes...
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA (from Oxygen Fitness Magazine)
1 frozen WHOLE WHEAT Pizza Crust
1/2 Red Onion
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Cubed
2 Cups LOW SUGAR (read your label, and try to find a sauce with less than 8 grams of sugar per serving)
1/2 Bunch fresh Cilantro
4 oz Smoked Mozzarella
1. Bake crust according to package directions
2. Saute Red onion in Olive Oil until browned
3. Add chicken to BBQ Sauce, bring to a boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens and clings to the chicken
5. Spread this mixture over crust
6. Sprinkle with Cilantro and cheese
7. Heat in oven @ 400 degrees until cheese is melted
Calories : 332
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 37 g
Fiber : 2 g
Serving is two small slices.
I served it with this wonderul, LOW CALORIE side dish!
Spicy Roasted Turnips
· 2 lbs. turnips
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· Tony's Cajun Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400. Trim turnips. Leave baby turnips whole; cut larger turnips into large-ish bite-size pieces. Put turnips into a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands or two large spoons to toss the turnips to coat them thoroughly with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Tony's
2. Roast turnips until tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Calories: 52
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbs 7g
- Sodium: 343 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fat: 2 g
Hope you enjoy!
I sure did....