Who Is Crystal Hoyt

My photo
Crystal Hoyt is a Country Recording Artist and Songwriter. For the past 3 years she has toured the country as part of the country trio Trailer Choir. (She has recently gone solo) "Earlier this year I was recovering from a surgery, and I was just BORED! I began writing every day. I started thinking about all the questions that I would get asked on the road the last few years. I had become quite a "do-it-yourself" girl with hair, make-up, fashion and fitness. I never mind giving away my tips. Since I supported myself as a make-up artist for years before making it in music, there will be lots of beauty tips and advice. I will share advice on fitness, and travel. I love wine, shoes, cooking and shopping, so I'm sure that you will see plenty about all of that here too. Basically, I'll be sharing info on just about anything I enjoy or I'm curious about. And of course I will be taking you along for the ride on my musical journey! Hope you enjoy - Knowing me, I'm sure it'll be an interesting one!" To view full bio - Please visit www.crystalhoyt.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

Healthy Pizza? Seriously, yes! Get Crystal-Ized Recipes!


Tonight I tweeted about a PIZZA that was incredibly healthy, easy to make, and approx $1.69 per serving. I bet you're thinking what I thought, "No friggin' WAY!"...

Well, think again. 
It was DELICIOUS and very good for me! Who knew?     I did!

Here is what is sure to be one of my new favorite recipes...

BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA (from Oxygen Fitness Magazine)

1 frozen WHOLE WHEAT Pizza Crust
1/2 Red Onion
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Cubed
2 Cups LOW SUGAR (read your label, and try to find a sauce with less than 8 grams of sugar per serving)
1/2 Bunch fresh Cilantro
4 oz Smoked Mozzarella

1. Bake crust according to package directions
2. Saute Red onion in Olive Oil until browned
3. Add chicken to BBQ Sauce, bring to a boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens and clings to the chicken
5. Spread this mixture over crust
6. Sprinkle with Cilantro and cheese
7. Heat in oven @ 400 degrees until cheese is melted 

Nutrition Info:

Calories : 332
Fat: 8 g
Carbs: 37 g
Fiber : 2 g
Protein 28g 


Serving is two small slices. 




I served it with this wonderul,  LOW CALORIE side dish! 
Spicy Roasted Turnips


·         2 lbs. turnips
·         1 Tbsp. olive oil
·         Salt
·         Pepper
·         Tony's Cajun Seasoning
Preparation:
1.     Preheat oven to 400. Trim turnips. Leave baby turnips whole; cut larger turnips into large-ish bite-size pieces. Put turnips into a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands or two large spoons to toss the turnips to coat them thoroughly with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Tony's
2.     Roast turnips until tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Info
- Calories: 52
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbs 7g
- Sodium: 343 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fat: 2 g


Hope you enjoy! 
I sure did.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment