Who Is Crystal Hoyt

My photo
Crystal Hoyt is a Country Recording Artist and Songwriter. For the past 3 years she has toured the country as part of the country trio Trailer Choir. (She has recently gone solo) "Earlier this year I was recovering from a surgery, and I was just BORED! I began writing every day. I started thinking about all the questions that I would get asked on the road the last few years. I had become quite a "do-it-yourself" girl with hair, make-up, fashion and fitness. I never mind giving away my tips. Since I supported myself as a make-up artist for years before making it in music, there will be lots of beauty tips and advice. I will share advice on fitness, and travel. I love wine, shoes, cooking and shopping, so I'm sure that you will see plenty about all of that here too. Basically, I'll be sharing info on just about anything I enjoy or I'm curious about. And of course I will be taking you along for the ride on my musical journey! Hope you enjoy - Knowing me, I'm sure it'll be an interesting one!" To view full bio - Please visit www.crystalhoyt.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

What Amazing Night For An Amazing Cause

Last night I participated in great event for a truly great cause.

"Songs For The Cure" is an event organized by Nile "Big Daddy"  Peaytt. It was held last night at The Red Rooster on Demonbreun, in Nashville... and it was a GREAT turn out - both in audience and in "line-up". Hit songwriters left and right... and all to benefit a very sick little girl named Savannah.




Nile "Big Daddy" Peaytt


Unfortunately, Savannah had to be admitted to hospice that day, as was not able to be at the event, but everyone who set foot on the stage was sending her love and happy thoughts, and lots of songs!

The event was hosted by GAC's Storme Warren, and was broken into segments of 4 songwriters/artists in each group and we all played 2 songs a piece. 

I was featured in the second round of songwriters and played two new songs that I wrote a couple of months ago, and I was backed up by my very good friend Eddie Heinzelman. While I was onstage, this ADORABLE little boy named Clinton jumped up and played shaker for us... and before our set was up we had a whole stage just FULL of kids! It was a great experience.

Me and SWEET Clinton!


Performing my first song "Whiskey Makes Me Want You Back"

Eddie Heinzelman backing me up on guitar

Getting "High Fives" from a stage full of precious kids!


My good buddy Keith Anderson (who I have been friends with for over 10 years) headlined later, and was backed up by another very good friend, and co-writer Chad Warrix. Darryl Worley made an appearance to support the cause and play some of his hits as well.

One of my favorite parts of the evening was a little girl named Ireland. She had her own booth set up by the back bar, and she was giving manicures for donations. She raised over $200! The best part is, I never saw a single woman in her booth. But there were men lined up left and right to have her paint their digits in an array of shades from pink, to purple, to red. It was fantastic!


Keith Anderson and Darryl Worley with sweet Clinton

Ireland painting the boys nails
Host Storme Warren getting his sassy pink polish!

Big Daddy with his pretty manicure!

It was such a great time, and a truly moving experience to see all these amazing talents come together to support this incredible little girl as she fights for her life.


Thanks to Eddie and Big Daddy Nile for inviting me to be part of such a special event.

For more information on upcoming events please follow "Songs For The Cure" Here...




(Also, I ran into Melody Guy -incredible songwriter - and she sent me this today, a demo I sang for she and Quinn Loggins YEARS ago! I still love this song... enjoy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment