Who Is Crystal Hoyt

My photo
Crystal Hoyt is a Country Recording Artist and Songwriter. For the past 3 years she has toured the country as part of the country trio Trailer Choir. (She has recently gone solo) "Earlier this year I was recovering from a surgery, and I was just BORED! I began writing every day. I started thinking about all the questions that I would get asked on the road the last few years. I had become quite a "do-it-yourself" girl with hair, make-up, fashion and fitness. I never mind giving away my tips. Since I supported myself as a make-up artist for years before making it in music, there will be lots of beauty tips and advice. I will share advice on fitness, and travel. I love wine, shoes, cooking and shopping, so I'm sure that you will see plenty about all of that here too. Basically, I'll be sharing info on just about anything I enjoy or I'm curious about. And of course I will be taking you along for the ride on my musical journey! Hope you enjoy - Knowing me, I'm sure it'll be an interesting one!" To view full bio - Please visit www.crystalhoyt.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hello World!


Hello World…

About 2 weeks ago I had a pretty serious (not plastic) surgery which has forced me to spend a lot of time laying/sitting around pondering my life, thinking about my future, and (quite frankly) spending WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on the internet!

So, in this process I decided to start a daily – or almost daily BLOG.
I’ve spent the last 3 years of my life traveling and touring while trying to maintain relationships, friendships, and keep up a certain image and a decent figure with good health… Let’s just say, IT AIN’T ALWAYS EASY, and it is CERTAINLY not always as glamorous as you would think!
-Before my music career took off, I paid my bills by working as a professional make-up artist so I was always keeping myself involved in the “business of beauty”. I loved it! Not as much as I loved music… but I was really great at it. I was a good teacher and trainer, and I really cared about my client’s happiness… especially their happiness in being able to do the things that I taught them when they got home.
 
 - In high school, I had "DREAM 90's HAIR"... Super curly, long, and thick.  I may have had a huge ass back then, but I did have awesome hair. Well, as the years have progressed I got my ass in shape, but my hair has taken a different turn, and we now have a mutual love/hate relationship. So I taught myself A LOT of techniques for styling hair so that I could do my best to recreate the looks that I wanted to achieve with or without a stylist. I own 2 flat irons, 7 curling irons, and close to 40 different hair products. And 3 sets of clip in hair extensions.
 
Due to an attempt to stay away from tanning beds, lack of time and lack of sun in winter months... I mastered the art of flawless “self-tanning” after MANY failed attempts, and let me tell you, it is not just all about the product… There is a lot of USER ERROR involved in applying a BAD SUNLESS TAN! 

-As mentioned before,  I had spent a good portion of my life being considerably overweight and at one point in high school found my scales tipping at 198 lbs – at 5’3”! So as my music career advanced, I became even more interested in health, nutrition, and fitness. I have done it all. Gimmicks, “as seen on TV”, Trainers, Gyms, Nutritionist, DVD’s – every single diet, fitness magazine regimen, and so on and so on…

Right before this surgery, after several years of mostly sensible and dedicated diet and fitness regimens, I was the happiest I had ever been with my body. And now after WEEKS of sitting around, loosing muscle tone (and my damn tan), I find myself feeling like I will almost be starting from scratch. AGAIN!  

So basically, what I'm say here is -  I have trained myself to be the ultimate “Do-It-Yourself” Girl!

In all my travels I found that I was always getting asked the same questions… What’s it like on the road. How do deal with being around boys all the time? What’s life like on a tour bus? How do you come up with ideas for your songs? What’s it like to be at a photo shoot? What products do I use in my hair? How did I do my Eye Make-up? How do I keep my Make-up on so long? What was I using to tan? Where did I get my shoes? How do I WALK in shoes that high? (I have a thing for SSS- Slightly Slutty Shoes!)… What was my diet? What work out did I do for my legs? How do you work out on the road? And so on, and so on…

So as I laid here for two weeks, I thought. Why not start a blog where I can just give away all my tricks and tips. I do it for my friends all the time… Why not the world? Or at least anyone who would bother to log on and read this from time to time…

So, I will be here sharing my daily life with you.  You never know what your gonna get here. I’m going to just give it all away… you’ll see all sorts of videos, pictures, music, stories… wherever the day takes me. And hopefully, along the way…
I’ll maybe figure out this crazy little thing I like to call MY LIFE! 

-Crystal


You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to loose sight of the shore. - Christopher Columbus


No comments:

Post a Comment